Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Night Terrors

I came across an art contest that deviantart was holding called the MAMA Scared Stiff Contest in the beginning of January in which you had to create a visual depiction of childhood fears, demons, monsters, etc.. involving a child's bedroom or closet. So being that I love stuff like this, horror, scary things, and fears, I entered it. Unfortunately, my submission was not chosen, but I am very glad that I had the opportunity to paint more, be creative, be expressive, and gain practice. And now I have a new wonderful painting that I feel very proud of, especially in the amount of time I had of one week to get it done. It was also therapy for me since I recently had wrist surgery that same week in, ironically, my drawing hand. Hope whoever sees it, enjoys it as much as I enjoyed painting it!

The medium I used was acrylic paint on card stock. When I was little, I always feared that whatever was in the darkness would surround my bed and my bed would protect me for only so long... And seeing a bunch of hands come out to grab me would just freak me out. But something more chilling is not knowing what's there while you're sleeping peacefully, eyes closed, waiting for when you finally open them.

1 comment: